We are always looking for individuals with excellent design and visual communication skills and who have a passion for light.
Lighting Designer – all levels
• Junior Designer
• Associate Designer
• Senior Designer
We are looking for a confident lighting designer to join our growing team of professionals. We are open to considering professionals at all levels of skill and experience.
Qualifications and requirements include:
• An accredited professional degree in architecture, lighting design – or work equivalent
• 2 - 7 years of lighting industry experience
• Proficiency in AutoCAD2017/18 (we use LT)
• Fluency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Proficiency in Revit 2017/18 (we use LT)
• 3D modeling or rendering experience
• Excellent attention to detail
• Great time management skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and English proficiency
• Efficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
• AGI 3.2 or other lighting calculation software
• LEED Certification
• Expertise with Title 24 compliance
• Expertise with JA8 compliance 2013/16
• Project Management
• Work directly with the design team to manage overall project scheduling.
• Collaborate and initiate ideas with the project team in the design process (developing ideas, bringing ideas to the table) and in the production of interior architectural lighting design and construction documents on all project types
• Collaborate with the project team in producing presentation materials and in presenting designs to clients and other consultants
• Collaborate with the project team in conducting construction-phase activities including drawings, requests for information, document updates, project record-keeping
• Interacting with various consultants on projects
• Developing lighting design resources (vendors, professional sources)
Applicants must be able to hand sketch and should be experienced users of Adobe Suite, AutoCAD and a 3D software package. Previous experience of lighting design is preferred but is not essential. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with ability and experience.
All applications must include a cover letter, resume and examples of work that demonstrate your interest for light, your thinking and your visual communication skills. Portfolios should be a maximum of 10 pages and must include at least one example of each of the following*:
1. Hand sketch
2. Photoshop render or collage
* Note that these must be predominantly your own work.
If you are interested in a position or to apply for a current opening, please contact: